Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ethan Cecchetti: Postcard



This is admittedly a bit of an "I wish you were here" postcard. It is a photograph my father took on his trip to Peru two summers ago and I have applied several photoshop effects to it.
For reference, I one layer is the original image. On top of that, there is a copy with glowed edges (which makes it black except for glowing edges) set to Overlay. On top of that, there is a semi-transparent (60% I believe) copy of the original with a lens flare in the top right corner. Finally, on top of that, there is another copy of the original which has a Guassian Blur applied and is set to Overlay.

The white space is designed to shut out anything around the image and draw our eye to the main focus. (For reference, I've added a 1 pixel black border so everyone can see where the postcard ends. That is not part of the postcard.)

No comments: