Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ethan Cecchetti: Monet's Haystacks

The following is my Light and Color project. The idea here was to take a painting that was heavily reliant on color (hence the choice of a Monet) and play with the color and lighting to try to create different feels and different effects. Then I decided to put them together into an Andy Warhol-like image with the different version lined up next to each other.

The middle image is an unmodified slide of the original painting, while the ones surrounding it are all modifications I made in photoshop. I tried to put them together in a way that created one completed image that was interesting to look at as a whole. So, I decided to make somewhat of a progression of colors going around the original. Then, to block out any potential background noise I placed a white border around it with some very simple text.

Note: Please click on the image to see the full size. Also, I added a black border so you can tell where the image stops.



Comments are more than welcome. Thanks. :)

No comments: